Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Feature Wall...the big reveal!

Finally...it's done!

 

The ghastly half patched wall in our lounge room, that used to house the old wall heater, has been transformed into a black, white and gold feature wall. Am so pleased. My inspiration for this project came from here.

I painted two coats of black chalk paint onto 3mm plywood then, with Husband's help, attached it to the wall with screws. For the wall art I found a tonne of free printables on Pinterest and popped them into cheap dollar store white frames. For the gold accents I painted a couple of small canvases in antique gold. The three white-on-black woodland images were hand embroidered by myself and framed in embroidery hoops also painted antique gold. It's a bold step away from the rest of our antique filled nana-esque house and I've been longing to freshen up our interior with some metallic hues.

 

Speaking of metallic hues...I spray painted our tired old bentwood chairs a gorgeous antique copper while I was in DIY mode and I'm utterly chuffed with the gleaming, glinting results.

 

 

xx Em

 

2 comments:

  1. I love the feature wall and the chairs! Beautiful! Most of all I love that dining table, absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx