Monday, September 21, 2015

Spring roadtrip - The Hunter Valley

Hey Lovely Peoples!

 

I've been a bit quiet on the blog lately...so little time, so much to do and there are a growing collection of posts building up in my head. The boys and I are on two week roadtrip. We started at the Hunter Valley, then headed north to Tenterfield. Today we travel to Miles, then Brisbane and my old stomping ground, the Sunshine Coast. Lots of catching up with family and friends. Lots of exploring country New South Wales and Queensland. Lots of driving on long country roads, lots of coffee and an equal mix of fun and frustration keeping two little guys happy and occupied for hours at a time.

 

Our first leg of the journey was quite a beautiful one. Three nights in the Hunter Valley, celebrating my sister-in-law's completely gorgeous wedding. We stayed in a lovely suite at the Tuscany Wine Estate in Pokolbin, smack bang in the middle of wineries, restaurants, cheese factories, chocolatiers and breweries. Erm...Yummmmm!

 

 

 

Harry was page boy for his Aunty Bree's wedding on Friday and I have to say...he really did a smashing job. Cool as a cucumber during the ceremony and looking very suave in his outfit, complete with silver train cuff links which were a gift from the bride. It was such a sweet and funny ceremony...held in a barn at the top of Wandin Estate vineyards. The reception was held in the Cricketers Pavilion and my goodness, I swooned when I walked in and saw the room. The flowers were divine...everything was absolutely smashing, from the centrepieces to the wedding favours. Such a relaxed, fun reception. It's a pity I had to take the boys back to the hotel before the dancing began but they were exhausted...asleep in their car seats before we'd gotten two minutes down the road. Signs of a good time!

 

Here's a taste of Bree and Russell's wedding in the stunning Hunter.

 

 

 

It was so lovely to catch up with Hubby's family and the boys had a blast playing with their cousins during the weekend. It was the first time they'd all been together and it was gorgeous to watch. The day after the wedding we gathered at Bluebush estate for a BBQ lunch with the family. And for the total win...the outfits I'd made for my nieces and nephew fit them like a dream. Was really chuffed that they loved wearing them as much as I loved making them. Thanks Pinterest!

 

 

Such a beautiful piece of Australia, such a great weekend.

 

Part two of our Spring roadtrip tomorrow.

 

xx Em

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I love weddings and that one was just GORGEOUS! I'm sure Harry was the best page boy - I'm assuming that's the same thing as a ring bearer here?

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx