Sunday, January 5, 2014

Again.

I'm in a place that is horribly familiar.

On New Year's Day I noticed a small red patch on my left breast.

I spent the rest of the day fighting off panic attacks and the urge to throw up.

Really Universe? Is this how I'm going to start the new year?

Almost twelve months to the day, I found myself in my GP's office, once again being handed a referral for a mammogram and ultrasound and fine needle biopsy.

I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. I am willing it not to be cancer. I am hoping that it's just a simple skin irritation.

Please Universe, let this NOT be cancer. Again.

 

14 comments:

  1. Emily I'm familiar with the fear you're experiencing and thinking only good thoughts for you that it is nothing or something easily resolved. Stay strong my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ang, your blog has been inspiring me a lot this week. xx

      Delete
  2. I hope that it ends up being nothing serious. Try to stay positive, but I know how scary this is for you. Keeping you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Em :(. I can't even imagine the terror you must be fighting. Please know that I am praying for you and will continue to do so until we hear from you next. Gaye xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gaye, am feeling surprisingly calm today. xx

      Delete
  4. Katie, dave, maya & samJanuary 5, 2014 at 7:42 PM

    Em - our fingers are crossed and we are sending positives thoughts your way. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *praying*

    When do you get the results?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're thinking of you, Em. There is so much healing wisdom available, regardless of what those test results turn out to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My stomach dropped...I am sending positive vibes in every single milimeter of my body out to the universe for you . XOXOXOXOXOX.

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx