Thursday, December 5, 2013

The everyday.

 

I am relishing the ordinary everyday goings on at home.

The significance of this year has not been lost on me. I am so grateful to be here, healthy and fully functioning, treasuring the calm after the storm.

Watching the boys grow a little more each day is a privilege. They've reached some big milestones in the last couple of weeks. Harry taught himself to ride his bike without training wheels and the Jackman has learnt how to use the potty. Both boys are doing so well in swimming lessons that they'll move up to the next level in the new year. Jack loves swimming so much that he didn't want his lesson to finish this week. As we sang the goodbye song in a group at the end of class he shoved my hand under the water so that I couldn't wave goodbye, then kept jumping back in the pool each time I tried to hoist myself out. Methinks we're onto a good wicket here.

The boys passion for reading is growing at a rate of knots too. Jack is obsessed with the rhythmical rhymes of Room on the Broom and the Gruffalo and can finish any line of any page. Harry is fond of sitting back and hearing all about the antics of the Children of Willow Farm. I love that he loves Enid Blyton as much as I do and at the age of five will happily listen to chapter upon chapter of a book without the need for pictures. Jack's ability to role play is spectacular. We were having lunch in the National Museum cafe today and out of the blue he turned and roared/hissed at me with little claw like hands. Apparently he felt the need to burn me to a crisp, as most Dragons are wont to do!

Yes, the significance of this year has not escaped my notice.

The everyday is precious.

 

4 comments:

  1. I love that you read to your boys by the way! As a teacher and mom that made me super happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, books have always been a huge part of our lives...I used to read to both of my babies when they were still in my tummy. We need a bigger house to store all the kids books ;o)

      Delete
  2. Love that - the everyday is precious. It's always the little things - xo on a courageous year em.

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx