Monday, December 2, 2013

Sunday Funday

What a cracking good start to Christmas.

Like most people we know, our Christmas Tree goes up on December 1st.

 

Harry was keen to get started at 7am and so, with a mug of cinnamon orange tea in hand and the Polar Express playing in the background, we put our tree together.

 

 

The Jackmeister occupied himself with a pair of reindeer antlers.

 

 

It was a lovely morning.

 

 

I do get all tingly when I open the boxes of baubles. Such a gorgeous sight!

 

 
Harry spent the WHOLE day playing with the train set under the tree.
 

 

In the afternoon I ventured out to the monthly meeting of the Queanbeyan Photography Club. My friend Lib has been encouraging me to join for months and I'm so glad I finally made it, it was great fun. Lib is a fantastic photographer and teacher and I loved meeting others who have a passion for photography too. We wandered across to the show grounds and started snapping. I finally learnt how to use some of the basic manual settings like iOS and aperture speed and picked up some great tips about lighting.

Here are a few shots that I took.

 

Fab first day of December!

xx Em

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Woah! THat photo club is awesome - making me think of joining one seeing your lighting pics! Happy to hear you have the same affection about Christmas that I do. PS. so happy you didn't say xmas...for some reason it makes my spine tingle...not in a good way. Mason is OBSESSED about the train under the tree. Can sit and stare at it for ages...I love that this is a standard boy gene! hahah

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lovely, I am one of those oddbods that refuses to write Xmas. Goes against the grain. I'm also the same oddbod that writes text messages in longhand. And yes...that standard boy gene is a bit gosh darn gorgeous! xxx

      Delete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx