Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Race you!

Goodness what a lazy weekend. We spent all Saturday in our pjs, the boys played with lego and watched Thomas dvds, Hubby and I took turns sleeping and we ordered pizza for dinner. The flu we had was really starting to get on our nerves. Just when we thought we were at the tail end of it, it knocked us over again. So...bang went Saturday.

 

 

On Sunday morning we took ourselves off to Glebe park in the city to give the kidlets, who were feeling a great deal better than the parents, a chance to burn off some energy. Harry had a hoot on his bike while Jack stuck to the playground.

 

 

 

It was a gorgeous day in a gorgeous space and so good to be out in the fresh air and sunshine. I loved watching Harry have an impromptu race with a little girl on a scooter. She came tearing up behind him and as she overtook he shouted, "Oh no you don't, race you!" and off they went. It was hilarious!

 

 

The afternoon was spent sorting out the study while the Jackman napped. I've temporarily transformed it into a little studio for my etsy shop and now have a little space of my own where I can leave out my sewing machine, fabrics, scissors, ribbon and numerous spools of cotton with no fear of a toddler wreaking havoc. Unfortunately, not working at the dining table means that Hubby and I spend our evenings at opposite ends of the house instead of being in the same room and I know it sounds soppy but we miss eachother's company.

Still, its not forever and I'm getting lots made with more to come...(she says as she impatiently waits for an order of Swarovski beads and jewellery findings to arrive from America. C'mon already, these ideas for earrings, bracelets and pendants are BURSTING out of my head!).

Last night's accomplishments...some sweet burlap ornaments for the tree.

 

Burlap Christmas Tree Ornaments

 

I think if I have the time, I'll be making a batch for our tree this year.

 

Anyway, we're all very much on the mend now...(don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out festy flu!)...and looking forward to the lead up to Christmas.

We were going to spend Christmas in Queensland but had to cancel our trip and were feeling really blue about it. We've since decided that Christmas at a beach house down on the South Coast is just the ticket. It has been such a stressful, awful year. At the beginning of the year, during the times when I wondered if I would even make it to December, I told myself that I had a fantastic family holiday in a beautiful, peaceful space to look forward to and that thought helped me to keep positive. I need us to have that wonderfully relaxing holiday. I need to be able to enjoy my family, with nothing more strenuous to do than build a sandcastle with my boys, lift a glass of wine to my lips or put my arms around my husband for a lovely long hug.

Bring on December!

xx Em

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Em, how wonderful is Christmas Time!!!!! I've just started planning all my Christmas Crafts to keep me occupied over the next few weeks...I'm so excited...ahhhh love Christmas. Your new Christmas plans sound wonderful and will be much anticipated by the time Christmas is here I can imagine. Love the beautiful things you're making for your Etsy shop.
    Gaye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gaye, would love to see what you're making too! xx

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the flu...it's so the worst. But pizza for dinner is always a winner!

    I can't wait to see more stuff in your etsy shop! So so so awesome :)

    The vacation to the beach sounds amazing - I don't know where Queensland is (heading over to google it) but I'm sure relaxing beach side won't be too shabby ;)

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx