Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Harryisms and the Jackmeister

Well, we can now crack open the champagne. Harry has offically been offered a placement at Queanbeyan Public for Kindy next year. Hurrah...such a lovely school, I think he'll do well there.

 

 

He's been coming out with some fabulous Harryisms lately, here's a taste:

Jack was throwing a tantrum in the lounge and Harry was sitting up at the table calmly eating his lunch. Harry shook his head in disapproval, took one look at me and said, "You've got to do something about that baby!".

We were discussing the role of guide dogs and how they need to be trained as puppies to do their very important job and how we could make a donation to help. Harry's response: "Well, we don't have any puppies but we could train our cats for them".

Sitting on the back deck playing a game of Around the World, Harry said, "Well, I've travelled the world Mum, I made my fortune, I lost my fortune and I made my fortune again".

 

Oh Harry...you are the sweetest little old man in a five year old's body.

 

Jack has been struggling with his asthma thanks to this ruddy flu that keeps hanging around but we've just managed to keep him out of hospital this time so that a big win. His latest quirky personality trait is to casually suggest to me the things that I should get for him. He does this by way of tapping his chin with his finger followed by the statement, "Hmmmm, how about...".

 

 

He is becoming so wonderfully capable and independent and we love listening to him talk...just can't get enough of his earnest attempts to say things correctly. He's inherited his brother's obsession with trains and I caught him reading Harry's 'Locomotives of the World' magazine on the back deck this morning.

 

 

This morning I pushed all the housework and admin jobs to the side and we spent the entire morning playing games like frisbee and hide & seek in the backyard. We sat on the deck with our morning tea and discovered dinosaurs, trains and mice in the clouds as they rolled past.

 

 

It was so nice to be able to relax and enjoy my boys.

I haven't spent much time just playing with them over the last couple of weeks. I've been too busy making things for Etsy, too ill with the flu and too preoccupied with a stressful and worrying situation that's had a devastating impact on my family. In the last couple of days I've had to learn to let go...its been a difficult and heartbreaking thing to do. I wish that I'd been able to switch off earlier instead of trying to help someone who doesn't want to be helped. Sometimes you just have to let things take their course. And that is as much as I'm going to say about that because although it has affected me, its not my situation to share in this space.

 

On a brighter note....my crazy ass hair has gone really curly.

 

 

It has thickened up beautifully and is just long enough to style...when I say style, I mean toussle some shaping wax through it and hope for the best.

I still like wearing scarves occasionally and these days they are much more enjoyable to wear. Its no longer about trying to cover up a bald head, its purely a fashion statement. On a side note, scarves don't slide around when you've got hair. Gotta love that!

 

 

Well, time to get some bunting listed on Etsy. Hope you're having a beautiful day wherever you are. xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx