Friday, August 9, 2013

Paper Princesses

Harry is going to his best friend's birthday party this weekend.

 

I have the perfect gift for Miss Bella.

The most exquisite children's book I have ever laid eyes on and I simply must share it with you!

The Fairytale Princess by Su Blackwell.

Seven classic fairy tales retold.

I have always admired artworks created from the pages of old books but Su Blackwell takes it to an entirely new level of BEAUTIFUL!

 

And the beauty is found in the incredibly fine detail...

 

 

I know that Bella will become blissfully lost in this book.

It is utterly enchanting!

 

I found this little treasure at Paperchain, my favourite bookshop in Manuka. It's published by Thames and Hudson if you covet a copy.

I also found this darling little card to go with Bella's gift.

 

 

I've been feeling more and more inspired to follow my dream of writing and illustrating children's books and designing my own beautiful line of cards & giftwrap. Over the next few years I'm going to take the first steps by doing some fine art & graphic design courses. Hopefully one day, with hard work and determination, I'll find myself in a bookstore sitting on a little chair with a group of children at my feet and I'll be reading one of my own stories to them. One day...

Until then, I'll continue to be joyfully inspired by others.

xxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx