Thursday, July 18, 2013

Radiate

 

Day One of Radiation today.

Beam me up Scotty!

Instead of fretting about the damage that is probably going to occur from this next jaunt, I decided to be constructive & bought myself a radiantly red lippy. Victory Red!

Wearing bright lipstick was encouraged in the 1940's to boost morale during the war. (Read about it here on Glamourologist's blog.) I'm currently raging war on insubordinate cancer cells so Victory Red is the order of the day!

Normally I'm a Clinique girl when it comes to makeup but I've fallen in love with Revlon's yummy new Colourburst Lip Butters. A great hit of intense colour with the smooth, soft, lip balm feel.

If I'm going to be zapped with radiation then I might as well look radiant!

Wish me luck...

Here's to Victory!!!

 

7 comments:

  1. Wishing you lots of luck & victory!! I LOVE the red lipstick, great colour on you - you have amazing skin! I like the idea that red lipstick was made to boost moral and 'empower' women. It REALLY does do that - if I ever wear it I feel like I've put an outfit or superhero costume on. It makes you feel like you have business to get on with. I'm on the hunt for new lipstick for this Autumn (I'm looking for a really deep browny/red/oxblood colour) - would you recommend trying this brand above another?

    Flora x
    www.twowithseven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flora xx

      I'd definitely recommend trying this brand. I started with a fucsia pink and now the red and both hold their colour well without that nasty caked on feeling. Its the first red lippy that I'm truly happy with...having thrown out the previous five others I'd tried this year. I also love Burts Bees tinted Lip Shimmer...the colour isn't as intense or bright but looks great and feels fantastic with a pepperminty hit.

      xx Em

      Delete
  2. You look fantastic! Bright happy and strong! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skin is uh-maaaazing Em! Love love love the red lippy!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx