Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Dine

Dinner & Dessert tonight...so good...had to share!
 
Chicken Marbella
(This recipe was one that I snavelled from my friend Sarah).

 

Ingredients:

4 garlic cloves, crushed

1 tsp dried oregano

Pinch of salt and cayenne pepper

2 bay leaves

1/4 cup of red wine vinegar

1/4 cup of olive oil

1/4 cup of pitted olives

1/4 cup of capers

1/2 cup pitted prunes

...

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup white wine

...

Combine ingredients for marinade, pour over 12 chicken thighs and leave for a few hours in the fridge.

Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Arrange chicken in a single layer in a baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pour over white wine. Bake for 1 hour, occasionally basting with the marinade.

Serve with roasted eggplant & mushrooms, toasted cashews & corriander.

Yum!

 

On to dessert...

Blueberry & Raspberry Lime Drizzle

This recipe is from the ever lovely Emily from My Gingerbread Journey.

 

You'll find the recipe, complete with gorgeous pics here.

Next time that I make this, (and there will definitely be a next time!) I'll use a shallow baking tin. The loaf tin that I used was too narrow & deep and took ages to cook. Still tasted fabulous though, a winner in my book. Thanks for the recipe Em!

Enjoy Peeps...happy feasting!

 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Em!! This is so sweet of you to write this!
    So so chuffed that it worked out okay and you liked the recipe, made my day :)
    P.S... Chicken dish looks epic!!
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken Marbella is my ABSOLUTE favourite dish! I make it for all my friends who've come into the world as parents, part of a gift if you will so they don't have to worry about a meal for at least one night! Makes anyone who cooks from time to time like a pro!

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its become our go to recipe for comfort food and dinner party fare....so easy. I like the idea of making it for new mummy friends, what a great gesture! Thanks for the tip!

      Cheers Em xx

      Delete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx