Saturday, June 8, 2013

Vanishing Vanity vs Va Voom Victory

You may be mistaken for thinking that this hand belongs to a very elderly lady.

I was, until it occured to me that it was attached to the end of my arm.

What the??? Are you serious??? Eegads!!!

Just a tad unnerving to realise that chemo can age your skin by 50 years in the space of one week. No jolly amount of moisturising improves it so I will just have to hope that once my body has recovered from treatment the skin cells will start to regenerate and plump up a bit. Another hit to my vanity...and again...I tell myself that isn't a bad thing. Losing a breast and all my hair has only managed to downsize it by half, still a ways to go!

My nails have not escaped a chemo beating either. All of my toe and finger nails have been agonisingly sore for the past few days. It's not uncommon for nails to fall out after chemo and that upsets me a hell of a lot more than having wrinkly skin. On a practical level its already making basic everyday tasks difficult, let alone running a household and caring for two kidlets when they do come out. But mostly it concerns me because it will expose me to infection and in turn Lymphodema which is a BIG NO NO!!!

No nasty painful sausage arms here thank you very much!!!

So...my request to the Nail Fairy...please, PLEASE you clever little sprite, do your magic and spare my nails?

Ever so grateful.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx