Sunday, June 23, 2013

Greache!!!

True to form my last round of chemo is giving me a good thrashing.

I feel like I've the frame of a one hundred year old woman.

This hurts, this really hurts. I am tired, bone tired...bone sore and bone tired.

 

This week's chemo passed without huge fanfare despite being a bit of a milestone in my journey. The last few days have been lost to sleeping tablets, painkillers & anti-emetics.

I did have a little tipple with my sister the night before chemo. Katie came to stay for the week and we gave a last little hurrah to all those awful chemo cocktails with an ultra classy 'Girls Night In'...

 

...curled up on the couch in the 'good room' sipping on Filthy Fizz while watching Kath & Kimdarella. Nothing like a bit of bogan 'umour!

 

It was noice, it was different, it was un-ewe-sual. More char-doh-nay? Greache!!!

Just hanging out with this gorgeous sister of mine made me so happy.

I am so glad she's back in Australia.

She was a superstar aunty to the boys and did a stellar job taking care of them while I was in oncology or wiped out in bed. It put my mind at ease, especially when the Jackman was wheezing like an old accordion with asthma. She gives awesome healing cuddles too!

The Chemo itself was a dull affair, nausea kicked in much earlier than usual and my picc line was removed successfully on day two, but all else has been par for the course. Looking forward to rounding the corner on day ten and feeling good again.

I didn't get to say goodbye to my nursing team, they were already occupied with other patients by the time I had to leave oncology so I will return when I'm feeling brighter with a basket of home baked Thank You's.

Goodbye Chemo. I can't say that it's been a pleasure.

It's been a life changing, soul revealing and ball busting experience which I hope has strengthened my character and will to live.

But may we never, ever cross paths again!

xxx

 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completion of chemo.. Wishing you NO MORE CHEMO! And good health to follow and much much JOY.. from the Breast Cancer Joywarrior in California

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katherine! Right back at you xx

    ReplyDelete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx