Monday, June 3, 2013

Five down

Hello World...again.

I can safely say that chemo #5 kicked my ass...again.

It's been a rough round and I'm finding it harder to bounce back this time. Two weeks ago I was bursting with positivity and can-do attitude but two days before chemo I began to struggle with extreme anxiety. Just the thought of chemo made me gag and it took immense self control not to cry every five minutes. I don't know, perhaps it's normal to get worn down at this stage of the treatment. Anyway, the anxiety resolved itself the day of chemo, I went into my cocoon for four days of hell and resurfaced to face the world very frail and tired. Really need to push past the exhaustion and focus on being positive again...hate feeling this way.

I managed to drag myself off the couch this morning and take the boys down the road to a little playground. It was worth the effort...the boys needed a big hit of fresh air and sunshine. It was a very cold, wet and dull weekend for them both.

One more to go...just one more to go!

 

2 comments:

  1. Em, I love how you put up a photo of the "I am a star" tile. Because that's what you seriously are! I can't even imagine what it must be like for you.I know how I used to feel if one of my kids had a vomiting bug - that oh, no! now everyone will get it and I'll get it and I hate it!! What you must feel obviously goes way beyond that and yet, you have done it 5 times and only one more to go. You are a hero...I may never meet you but man, I hope to always have the courage and tenacity that you have shown in this journey you've had to take. Gaye xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaye, thank you so much for your encouragement. I hope we do get to meet in the future! xx

    ReplyDelete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx