Tuesday, May 14, 2013

So far so good....bahaahaahaa!

Chemo has a sneaky way of lulling you into a false sense of security. Just when you think you're in the clear, it ambushes you from several other angles and BAM, you find yourself in a heap on the floor again.

Hello delayed reaction!!!

For the first couple of days post chemo #4 I felt ok, nauseous but so much better than the previous rounds. The last five days have been rough. Manageable but rough. Bone pain, nausea, hot flushes, dizziness, fatigue, reflux and insomnia have made for an utterly exhausting combination. There have been more than a few times over the last couple of days when I have felt completely overwhelmed...those 'serious to god is this really happening to me?' moments. I've struggled to keep up with the boys and yet somehow, and I'm not sure how, we've managed to get to the end of each day still intact and fairly happy.

I honestly don't know how other people survive more than six rounds of chemo. I'm not sure I could endure it. Those pockets of feeling normal between rounds are so precious. Just two more to go, just two more.

Anyway, enough whining.

 

On a brighter note...Autumn Harvest.

I have a bench full of gorgeous homegrown produce that needs to be turned into Quince Jam, Cumquat Marmalade, Beetroot & Apple Relish, Green Tomato Relish & Red Chilli Jam over the next couple of days. It's the perfect weather for preserving. Lets hope my body is up to it! Wish me luck!

 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely crop of vegies you have there! Hope you feel better very soon...
    Kim (Friend of Amita)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em all the luck in the world to you beautiful girl. Your spirit and courage certainly is up to it, even if your body is feeling less certain.

    I don't know if you get any of these comments, but I just want you to know that I love you, think of you all the time, and am praying and hoping for you constantly.

    Thank you so much for this blog, for the beyond stunning photos and the beautiful words - you bring a touch of serenity to my life, and that is such a precious thing.

    LOVE you!

    xxxx Avey

    ReplyDelete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx