Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Chemo #4

We're past the halfway mark folks...four down, two to go!

It is definitely getting easier with time, (she says as she madly raps on the nearest piece of wood). Round four was done in the chemo treatment room...I arrived at 9am and left at 4:30pm. It usually takes four hours but I had two bags of fluids after today's chemo because...cue drum roll.....I'm heading home...tonight....to sleep in my own bed...INCONCEIVABLE!!!

The plan was to stay in for a couple of days as per usual but oncology was jam packed and alas alack, no bed for me. Can you tell how devastated I am? No? You'd be right. The thought of being stuck on the ward makes me shudder these days. I'd much rather be in my own space, zonked out in my own bed or throwing up in my own bathroom. I shouldn't be too cocky, I do have to come back in tomorrow for more fluids and my Neulasta injection. If I'm horrendously ill and they have a bed they'll snaffle me then.

So...my mission is to not.throw.up. this round.

So far, so good.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx