Monday, April 15, 2013

Look Good, Feel Better

I had the privilege of attending a Look Good, Feel Better workshop at Calvary Hospital yesterday. What an outstanding program, run by a group of incredibly inspiring volunteers and supported by the Cosmetics Industry.

Apart from picking up some nifty tricks & tips to deal with no eye lashes or brows...I also picked up a bag filled with the most fabulous array of skincare & makeup products. Everything from Dior, Clarins & Dermatalogica to Rimmel, Max Factor & Avon. What a treat! The headwear tute gave me some great ideas. I popped into the Heads Up store at the hospital and bought a very 1920's inspired Great Gatsby hat and a great little charcoal turban.

Until yesterday I'd never entertained the idea of a wig. All feedback I'd come across were that wigs were hot and itchy. But I modelled one for the group...a gorgeous auburn bob with a heavy fringe. Loved it! Am now thinking how fun it would be to get one blonde, one auburn and one chocolate wig and do my own experiment to find out which colour really has more fun!

I really enjoyed the light hearted atmosphere, there was plenty of giggling and chatting, jokes about drawing on angry eyebrows or aiming for the drag queen look. By the end of the session I'd also made a new friend and we're hoping to catch up for a coffee in between chemos. Hey, I have a chemo buddy...woot woot!

I heartily encourage everyone to recommend LGFB to any friend or family member who is currently undergoing or about to undergo chemo. It's such an uplifting experience!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx