Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sweeten them up

After a very decent night's sleep in the ward I popped down to surgical pre-admission bright and early this morning. I'm booked to have my port surgery on Tuesday ready for chemo on Wednesday. (Fingers & toes crossed that my infection has improved out of sight by Monday or all bets are off!). The anaesthetist was a bit of a smarmy bugger but the appointment was over & done with in 20 minutes. Wandering back through the lobby I passed a Bakers Delight fundraising table selling packs of hot cross buns so I bought a dozen mocha ones and took them back to the nurses station. If I'm going to be the problem child in Oncology, then dammit I'm going to be the GOLDEN problem child. Totally sweetened them up! They love me now!

So...I'm hanging about in hospital with the occasional dash back home for a couple of hours to see my boys in between treatments. Happy days...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx