Sunday, March 10, 2013

A timely pick me up

Autumn...my favourite time of year and its finally here!

We always kick off autumn with the annual Balloon Festival on the lawns of Old Parliament House and I am so grateful that I came home from hospital in time and was well enough to go this morning. I am really determined to keep to normality as much as possible during treatment. This morning's little outing was such a lift to my spirits...being all together as a family was wonderful, just doing our thing. Bliss!

There were only half a dozen balloons being inflated on the lawns this morning, the wind conditions meant that the rest of the pack launched from Mt Stromlo a short distance west, but there was enough activity and spectacle to amuse the crowd. I loved being out in the cool air, watching Jack and Harry in their element racing about, watching Hubby and my Mum wandering around after the boys with a coffee in hand and a smile on their faces. I felt alive again...so far removed from the past week.

Also bumped into my darling friend and her family which was icing on the cake. When the crowds started to disperse we wandered over to the large marquee run by the Lions Club and had a hot breakfast before heading home. Happy kids, happy adults on a lovely long weekend. Happy Autumn everyone!

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god Em I've just caught up on your last week and I have tears running down my face. You poor, poor thing but I'm so glad they finally got on top of it all for you and I hope the next round isn't as horrific.

    Lots of love xxx Pen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a horrendous thrashing chemo has given you this week Em. I'm so so so thankful that YOUR season (which invariably reminds me of you too!) is finally here, and with it some autumnal pleasures. You look tired in that family photo, as you must be after fighting that round, but you are SO beautiful. Thinking of you all the time with love and prayers for full health restored soon!!!! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to have you back - well done! You CAN do it again.

    ReplyDelete

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx