Tuesday, February 12, 2013

And there's that silver lining...

 

It's been a great day. The pathology report from my surgery came back and showed that although the tumour was larger than expected at 3cm, there was only a small deposit of cancer cells in the sentinal node with no further spread to the other 14 lymph nodes that had been removed. Hurrah!

This means that I won't be needing radiotherapy. We'll just give chemo a cracking good go, followed by hormone therapy and my second mastectomy later in the year. I am relieved and happy and feeling really confident. Added to that...my surgeon is confident that the infection is clearing with this second round of antibiotics so there is no further talk of losing my implant. Double Hurrah!!!

I am just so grateful for all of the prayers and positive thoughts that have been sent my way from family, friends and even strangers. Crisis always brings out the good in people and it really warms my heart to see the beautiful side of humanity.

So...next step: Physio, physio and more physio to get this right arm back into motion, removal of my drain sometime this week hopefully and a consult with my oncologist in the next couple of weeks.

xx Em

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx