Monday, February 18, 2013

Goodbye drain, you've served me well.

Here I was, sitting on my bed, blogging and feeling blue when Nurse Jane popped her head in and brightened up my day with the news that my wretched drain could be removed, (golly I sound ungrateful, I really do appreciate just what a great job you've done little drain, really I do!).

Hubby was on hand to take some happy snaps of the procedure. Please note that for some the following pictures may be a bit too graphic to handle. Proceed at your own risk!

 

Just a quick slice of some stitches...

A little tug & a cough times three...

...and pull...

Voila...

Jane removed the dressing across my breast and put a new one over the site of the drain to soak up the little bit of liquid that will continue leaking out over the next 24hrs. After that the fluid will start to dissipate and re-absorb into my body. It feels really good to be free of the tube. Hurrah! Thanks Nurse Jane!!!

p.s. Is it just me or does anyone else find it just a little hilarious how my 'new' boob stands to attention when I'm lying down. It really does look ridiculous compared to my other 'real' boob on the left which naturally flattens out a bit with gravity.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx