Saturday, February 16, 2013

A little night music

 

We've just come home from a truly magnificent afternoon at the Canberra Symphony Orchestra's annual concert at Government House. It couldn't have been a more spectacular day for such an event with abundant summer sunshine, a soft breeze and a perfect temp of 26 degrees, (Previous years were far more dramatic with thunder, lightening and bucketing rain).

This year's theme was a European Picnic.

 

I love how relaxed this event is. Everyone comes armed with a picnic hamper & champagne and we all thoroughly enjoy a few hours lounging about under the poplar trees listening to incredibly beautiful classical music.

We are so lucky to be living in Canberra. And this is Canberra's centennial year so there are going to be even more fantastic events like this one. I'll be making the most of them whenever I feel well enough.

 

On another note...I went to the salon this morning and got a pixie crop. Probably my last cut before chemo. The reality of losing my hair kind of kicked in as we drove home. Yep, this thing is real isn't it...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, love, love hearing from my readers. Please, don't make yourself a stranger, stop by and say hi! Links to blogs are most welcome! xxx